How do I catch crabs in Ocean City, Maryland?
The easiest way to catch Maryland blue crabs in Ocean City is to hop on board the Get Sum for a day of fun. Learn from Captain Nick and bring home dinner for the family!
DO IT YOURSELF CRABBING:
Crab charter not for you? No problem. Check out our links and videos about crabbing. Several ways to do it and all are offered in OC. Make sure to check out the creel limits, regulations and licences before you start you crabbing adventure. No licence needed on the Get Sum :)
Using crab pots to catch Maryland blue crabs
Ready to sit back and wait for the big haul? Using commercial crab pots could be a great option for you. Using a commercial pot has more restrictions than using a handline or collapsible trap...
Using hand lines to catch crabs
Most common method for crabbing on a dock but can be don on a boat or from land as well. This technique consists of using a baited line and a weight. It's probably the most active way to crab and great fun for the little ones as well...
More Crabbing Information
- Intro to crabbing
- Where to crab in Ocean City Maryland
- What are the regulations for crabbing in Ocean City, Maryland?
- How to cook crabs Maryland style
- How to pick a Maryland blue crab
- How to crab in Ocean City, Maryland
- How to Handline for crabs in Ocean City Maryland
- How to run a trotline in Ocean City Maryland
- Using collapsible crab traps in Ocean City, Maryland
- -Using crab pots in Ocean City, Maryland